Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion i5-4210U
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello! respective members? I would like to inform you that,I have a laptop, model - HP Pavillion Intel Core i5-4210U @ 1.70GHz ,  operating system windows 10 (32 bit) I'm using since two years till but it's speed is too slow now and internet adapter doesn't work good because internet connection always fall down and I need to reconnect it. Now I want to add  4/8GB  RAM for speed up and good performance so which  RAM model I need to buy  or is there anyother way that I can get best performance from my laptop ? 

Your kind cooperation and prompt support is needed in this regards.

I'm waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Sharif zaman

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Need the model number not the processor type. You cannot effectively add memory to 32 bit Windows. It can only address about 3.75 gigs. To have more memory you need 64 bit Windows in which you could likely utilize up to 16 gigs.

HP Recommended
Hardware
Product Name 15-p033ca Microprocessor 1.7GHz 4th generation Intel Core i5-4210U Processor with SC Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz Memory 6GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM) Video Graphics Intel HD graphics 4400 Display 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView WLED-backlit display (1366x768) 
So If I change my windows operating system from Windows 10 , 32 to 64bit can I add extra RAM and can you tell me please which RAM model I need to buy?

HP Recommended

Specs say you have 6 gigs installed in the computer:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04312465

But you can't even use that. You have a 4 gig and 2 gig module and I suggest you install Windows 10 64 bit (your laptop will run it) and replace the 2 gig module with a 4 gig module. 

4 GB memory module 691740-005

Service Manual

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-HP-1600Mhz-691740-005-691740-001/dp/B071D8QHSX/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid...

Memory upgrade on this model is ridiculously difficult. You must remove the motherboard so you may just want to install 64 bit Windows and get an extra 2 gigs of memory for free without extensive disassembly. Not sure why it has 32 bit Windows to begin with. It originally came with 64 bit Windows 8.1. 

See p. 116 for an idea of what is involved to access the memory for upgrade. 

Post back if you have any more questions but please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Hello! respective members? I would like to inform you that,I have a laptop, model - HP Pavillion Intel Core i5-4210U @ 1.70GHz ,  operating system windows 7(64 bit)  product number G6U14UA. Currently I can't connet WiFi I have thoose

network drivers and even it doen't shows available wifi devices.

01.JPG

2.JPG

Can someone please help me how can i solve it. which network drivers I need to install ?  I'm waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

Sharif

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.