Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
LM726AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system is been acting out, after several attempts, I tough the blue screen issue was solved. I have cleaned up the memory dump, and replace the AC adapter and I also order a new battery, come to realized now the AC adapter would not lid up and system gets locked that I have to do a hard reset, after rebooting it gets stuck on the spinning dots and I have to reboot it again, this time did not get a blue screen, I have ran all tests with the assistant but no issues found. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

Please let me know

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've tried to unplugged the AC adapter, removed the battery, that was not helping, decided to use a newer cable that came with the AC adapter I bought and connected it to a different wall power plugged it in and got a yellow LED light. meaning the battery was fully drained. Reboot it and run AC adapter test and a mother board test and found no issues. I believe once I get the new battery replacement will fix the issue with the power supply.

Thank you for your advice.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would run the memory test from the BIOS so that you eliminate the OS as a possible cause.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've tried to unplugged the AC adapter, removed the battery, that was not helping, decided to use a newer cable that came with the AC adapter I bought and connected it to a different wall power plugged it in and got a yellow LED light. meaning the battery was fully drained. Reboot it and run AC adapter test and a mother board test and found no issues. I believe once I get the new battery replacement will fix the issue with the power supply.

Thank you for your advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.