cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
ItzThomas
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

How do I enable AMD-V on my HP Pavilion dv6?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, My name is Thomas, and I need help with enabling AMD-V on my HP Pavilion dv6 notebook (product number: XZ077UA#ABA) I want to virtualize Windows XP on my laptop, but i need AMD-V for my 64-bit VirtualBox (6.1.30) installation. I really hope someone knows the problem I have since I am not using my mother's laptop any longer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
47,186 21,009 7,638 13,818
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Should have a system configuration menu in the BIOS and one option is to enable processor virtualization...the processor is capable of AMD-V the only issue is whether HP enabled it on the motherboard. 

View solution in original post

1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
47,186 21,009 7,638 13,818
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Should have a system configuration menu in the BIOS and one option is to enable processor virtualization...the processor is capable of AMD-V the only issue is whether HP enabled it on the motherboard. 

1 person found this reply helpful
ItzThomas
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wait I just realized I can use VMWare Workstation Pro 12, completely forgot I bought that 5 years ago!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation