Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I hope somebody can help me quite quickly here ... I have a laptop with a busted hinge / lid, a common problem in HP laptops I notice.

I have installed the Support Assistant and it tells me this is a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC and that the Product Number is K6Z88EA#ABU ... however, if I search online for a new top cover / lid I am told that models are 15-N, 15-N267sa, 15-AU, 15-E, etc., etc.

Where do people find this information ? What exactly should I be looking for in replacing this top cover / lid with a second-hand version ?

Any help gratefully (and desperately !!!) received ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Thank you  ... so I can safely look to buy a top cover for a HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p158sa ?!?

Do you know what the #ABU means at the end of the code ?

HP Recommended

Hi

Not from memory, someone else here will now.

It is an indicator of a stock build or custom or similar possibly.

OR

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/What-does-ABA-mean/td-p/458909

Mine is #ABU  for United Kingdom possibly.

HP Recommended

Thank you 👍

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.