Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac100 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have a HP Notebook ac154ne. I want to upgrade the hard drive to an SSD because it currently has a TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 1TB and it is really slow.

I want to know if this laptop has 2 hard drive slots so that I can add a 128GB SSD with my 1TB HDD.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No. Bad idea. Hard drive/SSD in optical slot runs slower and cannot be bootable. No point. Waste of money for expensive SSD only to put shackles on it.

The only place to put an SSD is inside the laptop and then if you need more pure storage, put the old-school spinner drive in the optical caddy. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here's the Manual which shows the innards of the laptop:

Service Manual

Quick answer, no. There is only a space for a single 2.5 inch wide SATA hard drive OR SSD. One or the other, not both. There is no slot for the newer type mSSD "gumstick" drive. 

See p. 42 of the Manual.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

But can I connect another SSD via my optical drive? 

That means I have to give up my optical drive and replace it with my SSD.

HP Recommended

No. Bad idea. Hard drive/SSD in optical slot runs slower and cannot be bootable. No point. Waste of money for expensive SSD only to put shackles on it.

The only place to put an SSD is inside the laptop and then if you need more pure storage, put the old-school spinner drive in the optical caddy. 

HP Recommended

Yes! That's what I will do. Install SSD inside my laptop and my 1TB on my optical drive caddy.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Can Anyone Tell Me If My HP 15 Bw500ax Laptop Supports M.2 SSD Slot?

The Motherboard Model  No.Is Hp 8333

Motherboard- HP 15 Bw0xx Compaq Series

Processor- AMD A10 9620p 4C+6G Laptop

Graphics- Radeon 530 ( R5+R7)

i checked the Motherboard HP 15 BW0xx Specs There It Was Written Dual Storage Suppoted But I AM Not Sure.

Please Anyone Tell Me? 

I really want to upgrade with an M.2 SSD

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.