Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15t-dw100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone know how many RAM slots this laptop has?  

Product number: 7FQ32AV

Name: 15t-dw100 CTO

Since it comes stock with DDR4-2666, I'm assuming that putting DDDR-3200 or similar would just limit the speed to 2666 but does anyone know for sure?  Any recommendations would also be appreciated.  I work in data analytics so I bought this for the cheap I7 and figured I can just swap out the RAM (I need a lot for the work I do).  I'm waiting for it to come in the mail and am having a hard time finding detailed specs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP has not yet posted a Service Manual for the 15t-dw100 series. Here is the Manual for the 15t-dw000 series which will be the same layout so will show how to access memory. Definitely 2 slots and you are correct to suspect that faster memory will just downclock to -2666 speed. HP will always provide RAM that runs at the fastest speed possible. Sometimes that will be "bridged" i.e. downclocked so that the module supplied are faster than the motherboard can use but never can you install faster memory than HP provides. Your max will be 2 x 16 gb or 32 gb total, though the Manual says max is 2 x 8. Pages 30-39 will show how to open the back and access memory slots.

Service Manual 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP has not yet posted a Service Manual for the 15t-dw100 series. Here is the Manual for the 15t-dw000 series which will be the same layout so will show how to access memory. Definitely 2 slots and you are correct to suspect that faster memory will just downclock to -2666 speed. HP will always provide RAM that runs at the fastest speed possible. Sometimes that will be "bridged" i.e. downclocked so that the module supplied are faster than the motherboard can use but never can you install faster memory than HP provides. Your max will be 2 x 16 gb or 32 gb total, though the Manual says max is 2 x 8. Pages 30-39 will show how to open the back and access memory slots.

Service Manual 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

@MontyZM 

It has 2 slots of RAM. You can install 3200MHz of RAM, it MAY accept but would only run at 2666MHz. You can't run a racing car on city streets with its full speed.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.