Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
dv6-2173cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I am in the process of re-installing 64bit win7 on my dv6-2173cl.  

I see HP has two drivers for the my model:

1) Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver

2) NVIDIA GeForce Video/Graphics Driver

I have NVIDIA graphics card in this laptop.  

I installed NVIDIA driver.  

Question:

- Do I need to install  Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver as well?

- Is the  Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver for the integrated graphics card for some select dv6-2173cl variants and therefore does not apply to me

OR 

- Does this driver improve the graphics performance of the Intel chip itself (whatever that could be) and hence I DO need to install it?  

I looked at the description, but HP does not state very explicitly the cases when to install this driver.  

Any ideas?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP puts all of the available drivers for the entire model series on each specific model's support page.

So you do not need to, and should not install the Intel graphics adapter.

That would be for dv6-21xx notebooks that come with the onboard Intel HD graphics adapter.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP puts all of the available drivers for the entire model series on each specific model's support page.

So you do not need to, and should not install the Intel graphics adapter.

That would be for dv6-21xx notebooks that come with the onboard Intel HD graphics adapter.

HP Recommended

Thanks, for the clear answer.  I installed NVIDIA driver and did not proceed with Intel driver per above discussion.

Thanks again!!

HP Recommended
You're very welcome.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.