09-23-2016 12:30 PM
I am in the process of re-installing 64bit win7 on my dv6-2173cl.
I see HP has two drivers for the my model:
1) Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver
2) NVIDIA GeForce Video/Graphics Driver
I have NVIDIA graphics card in this laptop.
I installed NVIDIA driver.
- Do I need to install Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver as well?
- Is the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver for the integrated graphics card for some select dv6-2173cl variants and therefore does not apply to me
- Does this driver improve the graphics performance of the Intel chip itself (whatever that could be) and hence I DO need to install it?
I looked at the description, but HP does not state very explicitly the cases when to install this driver.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-23-2016 12:54 PM
HP puts all of the available drivers for the entire model series on each specific model's support page.
So you do not need to, and should not install the Intel graphics adapter.
That would be for dv6-21xx notebooks that come with the onboard Intel HD graphics adapter.