2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How many m.2 slots does my laptop have?

HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-bw0001ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello
I tried to find out the hardest i can, but i just dont manage to find information about the motherboard of my laptop. 

I would like to install an additional SSD. I already have one and it needs to be connected to a m.2 slot (like small PCI slot) as i understand.

I dont wanna buy a special screwdriver to open my notebook just to find out if i have such slot or not, so i have to post this question here.

How many m.2 slots does my notebook have? It already has an SSD and a HDD installed.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,684 88,570 11,323 24,317
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kollegoli 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c06044744

It has ONE spare M.2 storage slot for an NVMe SSD drive

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer.

Does that mean, that i can install an additional SSD (m.2. M-key) event though i already have one SSD and one HDD installed?

Sorry, but in the specs i dont find this information anywhere. Also when i watched videos about other HP Envy notebooks with similar architecture, i understood that there is only one slot for SSD, so that you can install only one SSD at a time.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation