Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14s-dq0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay Hello. my name is markko and i got an question / problem? 

How do you change Dedicated vram with HP 14s-dq0xxx

i tried through Bios. Theres nothing about Graphics nor vram

gpu: Intel HD 620

i got total avaliable graphics memory 4168.

Current dedicated 128mb. Please help me.

Thanks for your time

-Markko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Its not a thing. Can't be done. The operating system will take whatever memory the graphics needs and it happens so fast its hard to track. Integrated Intel HD video can only use so much memory and your video is performing as well as it is capable of doing with the current setup. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Its not a thing. Can't be done. The operating system will take whatever memory the graphics needs and it happens so fast its hard to track. Integrated Intel HD video can only use so much memory and your video is performing as well as it is capable of doing with the current setup. 

HP Recommended

Oh okay. Thanks for your time. Sad that i cant change it. Ill just have to upgrade then. or build a pc. .

But. do i understand right. It uses as much of vram that it needs?

Thats what i was told by another expert.

Sooo if i got 4gb Total vram. And 8gb of Ram..

Then Why doesnt it dedicate 1gb of vram instead of 128mb.?

HP Recommended

I could get technical but keep in mind it does not hold onto memory for more than a small fraction of a second. The video system is just not powerful enough to use much memory. It can't pump pixels through fast enough to need much more than 128 megs of vram. That is why it is no good for gaming. Powerful video cards are pumping lots of pixels through very fast and it needs somewhere to store them before they are displayed on the screen and that is what vram is doing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.