cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
6 5 0 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to change Spectre ap0xx backlit keyboard timer

HP Recommended
SPECTRE 13 AP0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I want to say the spectre gemcut is awesome and very satisfying to use, the only downside i could find is this obnoxious keyboard timer.  While pleasent in the day (energy save and such) becomes a nightmare in the night! You could say "Just hover a hand on the touchpad and it will light up" sure, but that a thing I have to do and it should be integrated, its even funnier because i found people complaining to HP the exact opposite.

On reddit someone says that removing the synaptict driver can modify the behaviour of the backlit keyboard but I'm not going for something thats random at best.

I read various posts in this forum and I came up with no solutions, everyone says follow this official guide or press fn/f5 and there will be a mode on/on with 30 sec timer/off but this spectre does not respond like that.

I run BIOS F.31-06/11/2019 and i have no options to tweak timer.

Any inside from a real hp developer of what is going on with this **bleep** timer? I mean, just give us the ability to change it with a software like dell or in the **bleep** bios!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,255 19,213 834 891
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BioParco
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation