Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion 14-al0043ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I wanted to know, if there is any, how to check whether my laptop supports the dual channel? Does only 1 specific frequency works or can I swap both to change it? Here it says only for 2133MHz. can I change to 2400MHz on both or do I need to stick with 2133MHz?ram.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Pasha_Man,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To provide you accurate information I would need the product number for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My laptops model is  HP pavilion14-al003ne (Energy Star).

The product ID is W6Y22EA#ABV.

The serial number of the device is SCD6198H8B.

it came with a 2Gb and a 4gb  (collective 6Gb) stick running at 2133Mhz.

Can I only run dual channel in 2133Mhz or will any other frequency work?

HP Recommended

@Pasha_Man,

When the 2400MHz RAM stick is paired with the 2133MHz RAM stick, both of the RAMs will run in dual channel configuration @2133MHz.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have one last little question: when it comes to paring Ram sticks, if i pair a 8Gb stick with a4Gb stick will it give me a bigger boost in performance than pairing a 4Gb stick with another 4Gb stick. All with the same frequencies. 

HP Recommended

Hi! @Pasha_Man,

Thanks for writing back to us.

If it has two memory slots, it would be dual channel. Stick the same size and speed RAM that is in the first slot into the second and you will have dual-channel memory.

8GB has more memory than 4GB so you see a bigger boost in performance against a 4GB with 4GB.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.