Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio G3

Greetings!
I`m going to switch from apple MBP and iMac to HP ZBook Studio G3 and HP ZBook 17 g5 or g6  for my work.
But I have some thunderbolt 2 accessories and egpu, they are all certificated to work with windows.

So the problem is: I need to connect two thunder2 devices to two Zbook thunder3 ports and I want to know which adapters will work for me the best way!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good news! 

Apple thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter works fine!

Disabled security of Thunderbolt in bios!

Works well with Akitio Thunder2

Tested with USB 3.2 pci-e card, lan card, Blackmagic Intesity 4K pci-e

Not working with EGPU, windows says that device are not certificated, also in thunderbolt driver panel there is no option to fix it. Later try some windows patches or official drivers!

P.S. Tested on HP ZBOOK G3 15.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Spoiler
It seems like hp support doesn’t care of customers. Well done
HP Recommended

Good news! 

Apple thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter works fine!

Disabled security of Thunderbolt in bios!

Works well with Akitio Thunder2

Tested with USB 3.2 pci-e card, lan card, Blackmagic Intesity 4K pci-e

Not working with EGPU, windows says that device are not certificated, also in thunderbolt driver panel there is no option to fix it. Later try some windows patches or official drivers!

P.S. Tested on HP ZBOOK G3 15.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.