Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-06-2021 03:24 PM
I received this laptop new directly from HP a week ago. It came with a broken key. It needs to be repaired under warranty. I have been clicking around support.hp.com for probably an hour now. It just goes in circles. I cannot find how to actually contact HP to arrange for warranty service. Any advice (URL, email address, phone number) on how to contact HP support would be greatly appreciated.
04-07-2021 07:05 AM
For me this just goes in a circle. First it asks to identify my computer. I let it and it correctly identifies my laptop. Then I click on that laptop and it takes me to another page that greets me with "Welcome Bob. How can we help?" Then I click on a support option and it take me back to identifying my laptop again.
But this is an improvement I suppose. Yesterday it couldn't identify my laptop, and when I put in my product code manually it didn't recognize the code, 7MQ42AV in my case.
04-08-2021 11:38 AM - edited 04-09-2021 10:28 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I hear you, navigation can sometimes feel off putting especially when all we want is immediacy or fix. If you are having trouble navigating via the contact HP options, generally it is because either your product is Out of Warranty or you are trying to get support beyond the business hours and our business hours falls between 8am to 6pm EST. We also have an option to contact us via Facebook and Twitter in wake of exigency.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
04-08-2021 03:04 PM
OK, let me take a swing at this non-responsive response...
1) "all we want is immediacy"? So that's what you think my problems, huh? I have been working this for about a week, assuming I must be missing something on a web page. I still suspect I must be missing something because no website can be this broken or obtuse. So after a week of frustration I finally post something and the first thing I get is condescension. Nice.
2) If HP thinks my 1 week old laptop is out of warranty and that is why all I get is a circle of web links then it would be nice if somewhere it said "you can't contact us because we think your 1 week old laptop is out of warranty". But it doesn't. Lame.
3) If HP turns off web based customer support at 6PM (IST?) it would also be nice to know that. Seems a little unique in the industry but if that's what HP does then it is now nice to know the HP website doesn't work in the evening.
4) Believe it or not, not everyone is a Facebook or Twitter user. I am not.
5) The link you provided, www.hp.com/contacthp/, takes me back into the same old circle of web pages.
6) "Please feel free to contact us here anytime..." I just did and got nothing usable, only condescension.
Believe it or not I am not stupid. I am just looking for a link that will take me to a page to arrange for warranty repair of my laptop that came broken from the factory. But maybe it would be more useful to assume I am completely stupid and post a screenshot with circles and arrows on it that says "Click here for warranty repairs". I haven't found it.
04-09-2021 10:29 AM
Thank you for posting back.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
In order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I am an HP Employee
04-09-2021 10:48 AM
Mailbox icon??? I see a bullhorn icon that is for notifications. I see a pen and paper icon which is "ask the community". I see a bell icon next to my name which is apparently a different set of notifications. There is a gear icon which lets me set some options. There is a shopping cart icon. There is a place where my picture would be if I uploaded a selfie. There is, of course, a place with my account name. That pull down menu has My Profile, My Settings, My Posts, My Subscriptions, and Logout.
Gosh, you and I must be on different planets.