Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My meory has a defect tyhat is causing my OS to crash. The OS stoped working completely and I had to install a new copy. Butit started to crash again and even more often. The blue screen indicated that there a problem with the moery and when I run a memory check it tells me it is damaged.

How do I replace it and what are the specs of the memory, so I can buy the right one.  I am out of warranty after 2 years, but I really like this laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're welcome. Just wish the news was better.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Since the Spectre was released there have been many different models. Members will need more info that Spectre X360 to help. If you don't know your "full" Model Number or Product Number info should be in BIOS.

HP Recommended

This is is product number from the BIOS

N55044UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@timbal

Not finding anything at HP site with that Product number. The site has failed before- but can you just check to make sure you have it right?

HP Recommended

Sorry, I misstyped it 

it should be

N5504UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@timbal

Sorry to tell you, but another member just informed me that all of the Spectre X360's have onboard memory. .meaning non-removable.

As you can see from the Maintenance Manual of a Spectre X360 here:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357578

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time and try to help me. I really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

You're welcome. Just wish the news was better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.