Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2228ee Notebook PC

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-03 at 9.53.02 PM.jpegHi,

Please, I've got an electricity cut all of a sudden.

After it was restored and I turned on the notebook, I got a message on a black screen that I must reset my bios and fill in a code typed between <>, but I do not remember the code. Then I must press ENTER.

I just pressed ENTER, and after restarting, the HD cable connected to my external monitor no longer works correctly.

It is working with a bad resulted image. I mean it is pixelated and nothing clear at all.

I downloaded the latest version of BIOS for my model, which is 27, and it is already installed.

After installing it (upgrading) and restarting the laptop, the same result still exists.

The HD port does not send clear images to any external monitor.

I tried several monitors and got t same results.

I tried several HD cables, and the cables working on any other hardware are fine except my notebook.

Even the one that used to work a few minutes ago before the electricity cut, is no longer working on the same notebook.

Does there is any way to do the bios reset?

Or t know which code that displayed so I can fill it in and get the settings back?

Also, does reinstalling Windows all over once again may solve the issue?

Thanks

HP Pavilion g6-2228ee Notebook PC

Product: C6S41EA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I hope anyone may have an idea what may I do to solve the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.