Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15s-fq2004sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to update the ram and up to how many gb?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes but I would install a pair of 8s before I did that. 16 gb total is plenty for almost all users. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes. Your specs:

HP Laptop 15s-fq2004sl Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

say you have 2 x 4 gig modules of DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM. You can install up to 32 gigs. 2 x 16.

Your Manual 

The Manual says 16 gb is the max but this is not the case. The memory is actually DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM but will run at -2666 speed. See pages 28-32 of the Manual for "how to". 

So you need 2 of these:

Patriot Memory Serie Signature SODIMM Memoria singola DDR4 3200 MHZ PC4-25600 16GB (1x16GB) C22 - PS...

Post back with any more questions or please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Since I don't need 32gb, is it possible to upgrade only one slot with a 16gb module?

HP Recommended

Yes but I would install a pair of 8s before I did that. 16 gb total is plenty for almost all users. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.