Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6915nr
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi! Can please someone tell me what maximum quantity of operating memory can I install in this notebook?

What kind of memory does it fit? I mean modern which I can buy now. 

Now there are:

1 x Nanya NT2GT64U8HD0BN-3C 2 Gb

1 x Samsung M4 70T2953EZ3-CE6 1 Gb

I didn't upgrade anything yet. I'd like to have 4 or more Gbs cause it became too slow now.

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The maximum memory you can install in your notebook is 2 x 2 GB of PC2-6400 memory (total 4 GB).

You could remove the 1 GB chip you have in there now, and install a 2 GB chip.

With 2 x 2 GB, the memory will then run in DDR mode instead of the SDR mode it is running in now.

It is not going to make a whole lot of difference, but you may notice some slight improvement.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The maximum memory you can install in your notebook is 2 x 2 GB of PC2-6400 memory (total 4 GB).

You could remove the 1 GB chip you have in there now, and install a 2 GB chip.

With 2 x 2 GB, the memory will then run in DDR mode instead of the SDR mode it is running in now.

It is not going to make a whole lot of difference, but you may notice some slight improvement.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul! That was exactly what I planned to do - change samsung on a 2 Gb memory. Any advices about what memory to buy?

HP Recommended

> which memory to buy?

You said that you have:

1 x Nanya NT2GT64U8HD0BN-3C 2 Gb

1 x Samsung M4 70T2953EZ3-CE6 1 Gb

It would be ideal to find another NANYA stick, but most RAM rated at the same speed should be fine, especially if the new stick has the same number of memory-chips per side of the stick as the current 2GB stick.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I used this DDR2 memory in my HP dv6810us, which is basically the same model as yours...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231155

HP Recommended

OK guys, I've installed the second 2Gb module Nanya, now the system properties can see 4 Gb, BIOS shows there are 4096 Mb RAM memory, but the Task Manager shows: Total Physical Memory 3070.

AIDA Extreme Engineer shows the same - 3070. Busy 1097Mb, free 1974Mb.

It can also see both modules, timings and parameters are the same.memory controller type: dual channel, active dual channel.

How can I open for a system all the memory? Is it possible in 32и operating system vista?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi:

What you are seeing is normal.

Windows can't see or use more than 3 - 3.25 GB of memory in that chipset.

The good news is now the memory is running in DDR mode vice SDR mode because you now have a matching pair of memory.

It is what it is, and it would be the same on a 32 or 64 bit operating system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.