10-21-2019 02:32 AM
I had purchased a Hp pavilion x360 convertible last year.....after a year my keyboard was not working properly...when i pressed the windows button something else appears......and when i open and try typing in the search box automatically it starts typing the letter 'p'. Please help me what should i do?
10-23-2019 08:45 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
- Have you checked whether the P key is pressed or stuck?
- Have you tested with an external keyboard?
Meanwhile, I recommend you uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
Here is how it is done.
- Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
- Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
- On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
- When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.
NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee