Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Yeah.. either mine is a lemon or there r lots of Hp lemons out there.. lol

Anyway, a HP engineer just pm me, let's see how things work out.

HP Recommended

Mine drains 10% daily and nothing has fixed it.  I just won’t buy HP products again.

HP Recommended

I've tried many suggestions from technical support but still no solution... battery continues draining 10% per day, which is definetely not acceptable! This must be a SW/FW issue (BIOS, Win10 wake-on timer, or similar?), battery is fine!

Please provide fix!

Thanks

HP Recommended

Try some of these ideas.

Make a backup before you play around with settings too.

https://windowsreport.com/battery-drain-shutdown/

HP Recommended

If it doesn’t work, then I will set up a Facebook page and if you’re in the U.K. we take either Trading standards advice  for purpose or civil action against HP.

HP Recommended

Update for u guys...

Apparently my unit is under warranty n HP send a engineer to my place to swap in a new battery which they suspect is the culprit.

Well.. guess wat, after 1 day, i boot my laptop up n it still losing 10% of battery, **bleep**...

I will call them again on monday n see what they will do next to troubleshoot my piece of lemon, really a waste of time.. 

HP Recommended

Unlucky.

I was tempted to buy a new battery but the cost vary to even half the price of a new laptop but no guarantee of curing the problem.  There have been people who have bought a new laptop battery but it did not fix it until they had a new motherboard.

Well my new Lenovo after 48hrs started on 100% after I turned off fast boot off.  It runs at full speed for 4hrs or battery save for 6hrs.

My HP sucks.  It has a great screen and can run full power for 6hrs.  Leave it for a week and the batter is flat.

Some say it’s the Windows Intel management driver and I’ve tried old and new with no difference.

I’ve lost 4% fully switched off.

I’m going to charge it, check it at 100% and then unplug the battery for a day to see if it’s the battery or Windows not shutting down or PC.  Then I’m going to install windows 7 to see if that makes a difference. 

Otherwise  it’s relegated to my desktop. What a waste of cash and will never buy HP again especially now their printers are telling users it’s out of paper when full.

HP Recommended

An update for u guys who r interested in my lemon Pavilion X360 saga.

Last thurs a HP engineer came down my place to swap out my motherboard after the battery swap fail to solve the battery draining issue and told me all shld be good after installing the new motherboard.

Well, guess wat.. the **bleep** thing still drain like before after the mb swap n i seriously flabbergasted.

I gonna call the engineer on monday n see what's his take on this but this is definitely going to be my last HP laptop.

I mean after changing a new batt follow by a new mb but the thing still drain >10% per day, i'm totally speechless...

All the best to u guys if u r facing battery draining issues like me, could be anything on the laptop that is shorting the electrical circuit, instead of the usual faulty battery or motherboard, beware n take note.

HP Recommended

@Cheesey7474

I have once again brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.