07-08-2019 02:38 PM - edited 07-09-2019 07:32 AM
Dear HP community,
I would need your assistance with a issue I've had with my spectre I just bought new (no warranty).
When I shut my computer down (either through the power button or through the start meny), it automatically restarts again.
Indeed, the power button goes white, the computer powers up again and I am back at the login page.
I have conducted the following recommended steps that I found in other pages:
- Removed the automatic restart option.
- Installed the latest BIOS version.
- Ran the various system tests through the hardware diagnostics programme.
- Uninstalled McAfee.
- Disabled fast restart.
- I even reset my PC (erased all data etc).
None of these have helped, no errors have been detected and my computer keeps automatically restarting after shutting down.
07-10-2019 04:37 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
07-22-2019 04:28 AM
Dear Echo Lake,
Thank you for your reply.
I tried both the BIOS default and the hard reset by removing the battery but unfortunately it did not solve the problem.
Do you have any other suggestions, could there be an issue with the motherboard ?
Thanks in advance.
07-22-2019 06:21 PM
Have you tried to check if the issue persists even on the Bios screen.
Have you tried to run any extensive system test from F2?
While you respond to this post, I would recommend you go through the steps suggested in this support document for - HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎
Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
That said, take care and have a great day!
I am an HP Employee