Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

OK, I´m writting this to tell the true about the warranty HP provides.

I bought a brand new laptop in the US on a Holyay trip. Now I´m back in my country (Argentina) and my notebook stopped working. I tried to send it to HP office but they told me I can´t. So the International Warranty is a lie.

My avice is: If you don´t live in US or Canada, don´t buy any HP products.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Warranties are tied to the country they are marketed/sold in, not a complete lie, but is very misleading.

Sorry for your troubles.

What is wrong with it?, maybe us users can help.

HP Recommended

It has a hardware problem, it´s impossible to switch it on.

Nobody can help me.

HP Recommended

I agree with you...I bought a laptop recently at Dubai Duty Free.  I checked with HP Philippines and found out that I cannot claim warranty service because the particular model I purchased was not released here in the Phil.

HP Recommended

See this page

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266

What is covered by HP Global Warranty
HP Global Warranty covers HP products at the level of standard warranty offered in the country in which it is used. For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B).
What is not covered by HP Global Warranty
HP Global Warranty does not offer an identical warranty everywhere in the world. HP Global Warranty does not change or affect HP Service Agreements, HP Service Contracts, support services bundled with HP hardware, or HP SupportPacks.
HP will not alter form, fit or function of the product to make it operate in a country for which it was never intended to function, for legal or regulatory reasons.
HP Recommended

<SNIP>For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B).</SNIP>

Does anyone have any idea of whether when this says "product" it means the same "Part Number" or "Product Number"

For example:

The HP Elitebook 2760p is sold in USA and Australia but it has different part numbers. 

USA: XU103UT#ABA

AUS: QA089PA

HP Recommended

I agree with OP, global warranty is such a scam.

I currently live in Brazil, and I bought a hp spectre online when I was living in London. A week before I was leaving to Brazil, the laptop stopped working. Since it was under global warranty, I though of sending it to an authorized technical support once I get to Brazil (I was afraid there wouldn't be enough time to get it fixed in the uk). What a surprise when I contacted the HP costumer service in Brazil and they informed me they could not provide any support, and that I'd need to contact the place of purchase for any further information or repairs/exchange/refund. Even for me to send the product back to the original retalier has not been offered as an option in order to get it repaired.

I'd give the same advice as the OP: IT IS NOT WORTH TO BUY HP PRODUCTS UNDER GLOBAL WARRANTY if you expect it to work somewhere else. The warranty is misleading and quite useless for our type of customers. I'm currently trying to get a refund from the store, and even is being a lot of trouble!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.