cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp envy x360 webcam killswitch not working

HP Recommended
x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I have hp envy x360 laptop, and the webcam kill switch does nothing, I think the problem is mechanical, because the time I found up this error the switch was kind a jammed. Now it moves smoothly (I think, I dont know how it is supposed to work), it clicks when turned on.  Has anyone any idea how to fix this by myself, since its all zoom and teams in college, and I really can't send the laptop to be fixed for me.

Thanks in advance. And have a lovely morning, day or night.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,879 2,819 381 1,132
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @By55,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

As a fellow uni student who has an HP notebook PC with the camera kill switch, I'm sorry to hear that and I'm not too surprised that there are issues with these mechanical kill switches. 

Does the camera work all the time, or not at all because of the malfunctioning kill switch?

Unfortunately, I don't have a potential DIY solution available for you but I do highly recommend you return the device if it is within the return/refund period. I'm assuming that the switches have small internal, mechanical workings that would be difficult to fix, or easy to break. If you try to fix this yourself and mess it up further, you claim responsibility and essentially void the warranty. 

If the webcam kill switch is malfunctioning in a way that it is preventing you from using the camera, then I recommend that you use your mobile device to access Zoom/Teams meetings. If you're interested, there are alternatives that allow you to connect your handset to a laptop and use the mobile device's camera for the video call. I personally haven't tried it but there are certain guides on this topic.

Otherwise, once you have the time, please send it in for warranty repair.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Luckily the cam still works, so I just might wait until winter holidays starts

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation