Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an hp laptop that just refuses to factory restart. I've tried f11 restarting, I've tried command prompt (as administrator and not), and I've tried going through the actual settings through the updates and security settings, and I can go through until it actually restarts, then it gets to 1%, stays there for a while and then it starts undoing changes.

The whole reason I'm trying to restart it is because it is so incredibly slow and I just want a computer to do things I need on like taxes but I cant really do what i need to when i have a laptop that entirely freezes except for the mouse. It always stops on 1% and undoes the changes or just freezes up and I'm at a loss on what to do. I know I could just sell it for parts or recycle it and get a new one from either best buy or a new to me laptop from Marketplace, but I'd rather not until i quite literally almost run it into the ground y'know? I just thought I'd ask and see if someone here could help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello.

Can you tell us the laptop model and what Windows version you are running?

If the Reset This PC option in Windows is not working for some reason, you could either just reinstall Windows by creating an installation media from Microsoft website, or using HP Cloud Recovery Tool if your laptop is supported by it. Both cases requires a USB drive. If your laptop is inoperable, the USB recovery media can be created on another computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.