Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-dk0908ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone

I have bought a notebook a few days ago the hp 14-dk0908ng and i have noticed the the laptop fans were constantly spinning at full speed then i went to the bios and the "fan always on" option was on so i disabled it.

Now the laptop fans only start at about 55°C for a few seconds then they trun off again and so on.

Now the problem is that the laptop gets really hot and then the fans turn on so the laptop is constantly hot.

I dont know if its a problem in the machine, but its really awful to use eather way.

Hope that any of you can help me.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Obelisk1151

Sometimes an update for BIOS ( sp98348.exe ) solve this kind issue, as recommendation you can try to change the BIOS settings to default settings pressing once F9 and then F10 exit saving changes, also here you have some documents to solve issue with FAN, and overheating

1. Reducing Heat

2. Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly

I hope solve your issue, if yes let me know it

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

I have already updated the bios and there are no setting in it except " fan always on", my notebook is almost always running at 50°C and no software works for fan control, it wont even let me install coolsense.

HP Recommended

Have you ever tried to clean the FAN with compressed air? settings in BIOS for "fan always on" appears as always on?

if fan always on  is placed as always you can try to contact tech support to get a solution, if your computer is under warranty tech support can take your computer to repair, is your computer less than 1 year?

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

Hi,

50 degrees is normal and not a problem. The Tmax for your CPU is 105 degrees and throttling will only set in at about 5% below that.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-3500u

You could check in Task Manager if any process is constantly using high % of CPU, this can happen sometimes when there are some conflicts with drivers or software.

You should also completely update the notebook (not only BIOS) if you have not already done so.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/New-notebook-running-slow/ta-p/7057949

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

when my laptop is at 50 it kinda gets hard to work with because he gets too hot and fans start spinning at 55 sometimes it reaches 63

HP Recommended

why whould i clean my fans is a BRAND NEW laptop doesent make any sense and the "fan always on" was elabled

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.