Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Hp655, built-in Windows edition: Ultimate - 32 bit. Recently, I am dealing with a common problem among laptops, Where battery shows 92% available, (plugged in, not charging)

I have spent hours searching on the web about this problem, and I didn’t get a right answer, or at least an answer that work exclusively for me. All people and Advanced Users suggest Shutting down the computer, disconnecting the AC, removing the battery, reconnecting the AC and starting up the windows again. After that, go to the Device Manager, under the battery submenu, uninstall the Microsoft Acpi-Compliant Control Method Battery. Turn off your computer, disconnect the AC, insert the battery, reconnect your AC again, and start up the windows. The windows itself will install The Microsoft Acpi-Compliant Control Method Battery, and the battery will start charging again.

I myself tried these steps one after another more than three times, and it’s not showing any result. Though my laptop is one-and-a-half years old, the battery is kept in very good conditions, and I bet that if I try to use it again, it will last about 4 or even five hours if I turn the brightness lower and also turn the wireless off. And, this laptop I am currently using has no hardware issues, it has been used only for school purposes. So, if somebody has another answer a part from that one I wrote above, please, consider telling it to me, because it is a very frustrating problem, my battery is stuck to 92%, and if I use it without an AC, it will discharge continuously, and I won’t be able to recharge it again.

Every answer is highly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Afrim-Myself ,

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand you are experiencing an issue with your notebook. However, since this is a commercial notebook, you should post your issue on the notebook board of the HP Enterprise Forums for a better answer.

Have a wonderful day! :smileyhappy:

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Afrim-Myself ,

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand you are experiencing an issue with your notebook. However, since this is a commercial notebook, you should post your issue on the notebook board of the HP Enterprise Forums for a better answer.

Have a wonderful day! :smileyhappy:

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

thanks for helping, I will try that, hope we find an answer that will help all, not only me

HP Recommended
Hello,

I have a Hp655, built-in Windows edition: Ultimate - 32 bit. Recently, I am dealing with a common problem among laptops, Where battery shows 92% available, (plugged in, not charging)

I have spent hours searching on the web about this problem, and I didn’t get a right answer, or at least an answer that work exclusively for me. All people and Advanced Users suggest Shutting down the computer, disconnecting the AC, removing the battery, reconnecting the AC and starting up the windows again. After that, go to the Device Manager, under the battery submenu, uninstall the Microsoft Acpi-Compliant Control Method Battery. Turn off your computer, disconnect the AC, insert the battery, reconnect your AC again, and start up the windows. The windows itself will install The Microsoft Acpi-Compliant Control Method Battery, and the battery will start charging again.

I myself tried these steps one after another more than three times, and it’s not showing any result. Though my laptop is one-and-a-half years old, the battery is kept in very good conditions, and I bet that if I try to use it again, it will last about 4 or even five hours if I turn the brightness lower and also turn the wireless off. And, this laptop I am currently using has no hardware issues, it has been used only for school purposes. So, if somebody has another answer a part from that one I wrote above, please, consider telling it to me, because it is a very frustrating problem, my battery is stuck to 92%, and if I use it without an AC, it will discharge continuously, and I won’t be able to recharge it again.

Every answer is highly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance!

HP Recommended
Solved: check the charger connector on the motherboard, you may change the connector if you don't want to go extra mile. Here is my email : damilareal4life@gmail.com. contact No: +2348168734646
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.