Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop has a USB pen drive file transfer speed in KBPS and the same pen drive when inserted in another laptop has as a file transfer speed of over 20MBPS, I have done all the possible things, like changing the file system to NTFS and changing the hardware policy to "Better Performance", but nothing works, even the drivers are up to date

It takes eternity to transfer a 1GB file to my pen drive, or from my pen drive to my laptop.

I do not know what to do and this has become so irritating, that a person having older laptop than me gets good speed with the same pen drive.

Please help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @RSKatz,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions-

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Also, try updating the BIOS. Refer to this document for steps - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

and update using the above steps..

Step3 Run an SFC Scan

For instructions, refer -https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Is the USB flash drive USB 3.1 or Type-C?

Are you plugging the flash drive into a fast port on the HP notebook?

What is the product number or product name of your notebook? 

While logged into Windows hold down the Fn key and tap the Esc key once. Th should invoke the system information dialog which includes the product number.  Please post it in your next reply.

Identifying it only by the type series is not enough to get a clear picture of its hardware,

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.