Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (31Z44AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought 4x32gb so-dimm 3200MHz ram (non-ecc per site spec recommendations) for my zbook fury g8 15" but it won't boot after I install them.

This is the ram model: TEAMGROUP T-Create TTCCD464G3200HC22DC-S01 RAM (DDR4, SODIMM, 2 units of 32 GB, 3200MHz(PC4- 25600)

If I install 1, it does boot but after installing the second one (I did check I'm installing in the right slot order), it won't boot and it just turns on the fans to max speed. I installed the 16GB ram it had from stock on the second slot and it does boot. I also tried swapping rams in case one was faulty, but it boots with every ram on slot 1, it just doesn't boot when adding a second 32gb ram. 

Specs say it can be upgraded upto 64gb ecc and 128 non-ecc, so I have no clue what's happening or if I should give up and return them and ask for 4x16 (I really don't want to have only 64gb ram if I can have 128gb).

Please help! Thanks!! 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@faridandonie 

Do you use 128 GB DDR4-3200 non-ECC SDRAM ? For example

https://eu.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct32g4sfd832a/ct24542182

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@faridandonie 

I can't find non-ECC SDRAM  from those links.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Just do a quick search with ctrl F "non ecc" and you will see in module type description it says it's non ecc 🙂 

HP Recommended

@faridandonie 

Not all RAM sticks are the same. Have you tried Crucial RAM (as it says compatible guaranteed) as mentioned above ?

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.