Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen Transcend 16-u0700nz
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I just bought an HP Omen Transcend 16. It has only 1 SSD slot that has 512 GB in my version. So, I bought a separate 2Tb SSD to upgrade. However, I could not install it because I could not open the back cover of the laptop. I opened up all of my laptops before, and this is the first one I failed to do so.

After removing the 6 screws, I could not open the back cover regardless of how much force I applied. I found this YouTube video from the official HP Support account. In the video, the guy says "Gently press on the top cover to separate the base enclosure from the top cover" before using the plastic tool to separate the cover. First of all, he does not do it "gently" (starting from 00:58). Secondly, my laptop does not flex anywhere near what he shows in this video. I even broke a plastic separator while trying to open the cover below the ethernet port just like he does (at 1:07). 

Can somebody please help me? What am I missing here? 

Thank you,

Mecaniq

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have never had any difficulty opening up any laptop of any brand or size.

There is something you are missing and none of us can tell you what it is.

I suggest that you take it to a shop and pay to have it opened for you.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

There is a knack of levering off the panel by inserting a thin plastic card (credit card for example) or tool at the rear (vents) of the panel. It takes courage and persistence.

Its secured very tightly and you will probably scratch the black coating.

HP Recommended

@Mecaniq 

Perhaps the official HP Support video (removing & replacing parts) will help.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.