Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15 notebook be012tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i bought a be012tu laptop

My problem is i cannot  transfer data from  my mobile phone via usb port, phone cable is working for charging only while I can cnnect the same phone in my deskstop

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @lasky,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues transferring data from your phone using USB. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook:

I was reading your post about USB devices not installing correctly. You could try uninstalling the devices (you will have to remove the USB device from the computer) from the device manager. Make sure you uninstall any USB composite device as well. Check on your Windows services. First, try to click the Windows icon, type services in the Search box, and then click or tap View Local Services. Scroll down to the Windows Installer. Startup type should be - Automatic, and Service Status should be - started
Restart the computer after this step and try installing again by inserting the USB device.

Move files by USB

1. Unlock your Phone device.
  2. With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
  3. On your device, tap the "USB for..." notification.
  4. Select Transfer files.
  5. A file transfer window will open on your computer. Use it to drag files.
  6. When you're done, eject your device from Windows.
  7. Unplug the USB cable.

Troubleshoot moving files by USB

• Troubleshoot your computer
    • Check your computer’s settings to make sure that Windows automatically detects new hardware.
    • Restart your computer.
  • Troubleshoot your Phone device
    • Update your Phone.
    • Restart your device. On most phones, press the Power button for about 30 seconds, until your device restarts.
  • Troubleshoot your USB connections
    • Try a different USB cable. Not all USB cables can transfer files.
    • To test the USB port on your device, connect your device to a different computer.
    • To test the USB port on your computer, connect a different device to your computer.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Make sure that the USB cable is properly connected to the computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.