Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ee0844nz
Microsoft Windows 11

I can type the "less than" symbol < but i cannot seem to type the greater than symbol. I have tried to the ALT-GR key plus the shift and than tapped L but it still will not do anything. How can I type the "greater than" symbol please? The "L" button has both the "greater than", "less than" and backwards slash symbols on it. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Which keyboard layout do you have.?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

A swiss german keyboard i believe

20220321_210101000_iOS.jpg

HP Recommended

Take a look at the taskbar on the lower right to see the installed keyboard language.

if it is set to Swiss-German, holding down the Alt+GR  or Alt kay and tapping the L key to produce the  > or <  should work.

If it is not, click it and install and set it to Swiss-German. That should make the keyboard use make more sense.

There are always the Windows Alt keystrokes if that fails.

I lived in the Netherlands for quite some time and don't recall seeing a German-Swiss keyboard.

I used an International-US keyboard layout with my English keyboards to accommodate my typing in Nederlands.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have the Swiss-German keyboard installed on the bottom right corner and I can only get < from FN+L and \ from FN+ALTGR. Is there any other way to get it? I have installed other forms of Swiss language pack things in the settings and it still will not function. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.