Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Beats Special Edition 15-p030nr Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

I ran a test and i have a short DST failure 

failure ID: 90ab39-7aeal7-mfpv6k-60wj03

Its stuck in automatic recovery mode

what can I do? Can I repair it somehow or do I need to buy a new part? If so what part?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Soap2200 .

The id indicates:

Fault code: 303

Device: Storage

Error message: Hard disk quick test error 1.

Error details:

CRITICAL:

The test has detected a problem with the hard drive and it may need to be replaced. If possible, back up your personal files to a flash drive or external hard drive as soon as possible.
HP has identified that this failure requires immediate attention and will not be resolved without repairs.
The following documents are available for reference:
HP Computers - How to back up your files (Windows 10).

You will need to replace the hard drive(storage unit).
The HDD's that are compatible with your computer are as follows:

1 TB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm 778192-005
750 GB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm 778190-005
500 GB 5400 rpm 9.5 mm 778188-005
500 GB 5400 rpm 7 mm hybrid 732000-005
1 TB, 5400 rpm 9.5 mm 731999-005
750 GB 5400 rpm + 8 GB NAND hybrid, 9.5 mm 732001-005
1.5 TB, 5400 rpm 9.5 mm for HP Pavilion 15 Notebooks and AMD computers only 747375-005

You can also place a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD instead of a HDD as the latter is slower.
SSD's compatible crucial brand:

https://www.crucial.mx/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/beats-special-edition-15-p030nr#ssd

If you still have warranty, you can contact Hp directly.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your hard drive is failing. You'll need a new one, along with reinstalling your OS.

Depending on your needs, now would be a good time to replace it with a SATA 3 2,5" SSD they are much faster than mechanical drives. You'll notice a big improvement in booting and running apps. Great if you are able to reinstall Windows on your own and recover your data.

If not, it's past time for a new laptop. If there is data on that drive that you can't lose, don't run it any more. You may be able to recover the data once you pull it out, you can put it in an external drive case and get your data if it's not too far gone.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Hello @Soap2200 .

The id indicates:

Fault code: 303

Device: Storage

Error message: Hard disk quick test error 1.

Error details:

CRITICAL:

The test has detected a problem with the hard drive and it may need to be replaced. If possible, back up your personal files to a flash drive or external hard drive as soon as possible.
HP has identified that this failure requires immediate attention and will not be resolved without repairs.
The following documents are available for reference:
HP Computers - How to back up your files (Windows 10).

You will need to replace the hard drive(storage unit).
The HDD's that are compatible with your computer are as follows:

1 TB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm 778192-005
750 GB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm 778190-005
500 GB 5400 rpm 9.5 mm 778188-005
500 GB 5400 rpm 7 mm hybrid 732000-005
1 TB, 5400 rpm 9.5 mm 731999-005
750 GB 5400 rpm + 8 GB NAND hybrid, 9.5 mm 732001-005
1.5 TB, 5400 rpm 9.5 mm for HP Pavilion 15 Notebooks and AMD computers only 747375-005

You can also place a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD instead of a HDD as the latter is slower.
SSD's compatible crucial brand:

https://www.crucial.mx/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/beats-special-edition-15-p030nr#ssd

If you still have warranty, you can contact Hp directly.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

What Hard Drive do you recommend would be the best option?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.