Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15- cc053tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own a HP pavilion 15 cc053tx and  I've been getting very bad battery backup ever since I got it. I hardly get 1 hour of backup from my battery, I've checked my battery health using HP support assistant and it is in good health, I've also updated all my drivers and BIOS up to date but the problem is not solved. My Laptop also dies unexpectedly when there's still 40+ battery percentage left.

It has got tough for me to use my notebook in classes, Please help me out guys.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Suhrid, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let's try reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery 

1) In the search box, type, and open “Device Manager”. 
2) Expand “Batteries”. 
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
4) Click on “Uninstall”. 
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver 
6) Shutdown the computer. 
7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. 
8) When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver. 
9) Go to Device Manager. 
10) Expand Batteries. 
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software". Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller. 

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

This document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging. 

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge 

If the issue persists, Let's Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), if the test failed: 

Check with an alternate battery. 

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I mentioned my model of HP notebook I'm using and it appears that I have a fixed battery.

Any other way I can proceed with the solution that you suggested? 

HP Recommended

@Suhrid

You can perform the same troubleshooting steps. You don't have to have a removable battery.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.