Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
no defined yet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks,

I am looking for a cheap laptop with a docking station for my parents. They are nearly 80 years old. They also want/need a keyboard, a bigger screen and a mouse (they cannot work for a longer time just with the laptop screen).

So I think the best would be, that they can put the laptop into the docking station and work.
They also could take it out and use it somewhere else.
It just should be very easy to handle and it should be an about 15'' monitor.

They don't need a power machine (they only do internet, writing letters and watching photos etc., so nothing special).

My question is which HP laptop does have a docking port and which station fits with it.

I saw the "HP 250 G5"  which is an approximate specification that would fit.

Could you list one or two with the docking station that matches to it?

Thank you in advance for your hjelp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, and normally you have to open the lid to power the machine. For newer machines, the EliteBook class machines have docking ports.

My suggestion: Look at the docking station first the find a compatible laptops:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/docking-stations-142510--1

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Looks like the HP 250 G5 laptops don't have docking port, they use one of the following port replicators

HP Universal Port Replicator E6D70AA#xxx
          HP 3001pr USB 3 Port Replicator F3S42AA

Source: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04934827.pdf

USB port replicator is ok but it won't charge laptop, Would you line to spend more to get a machine with proper dock ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answer.

As I understand, the port replicator does exact tthe same thing except the laptop charging? Is this correct?

It depends a little bit whether to take a better machine.

Which laptops (also a little bit more expensive ones) have a docking port?

Thank you again very much for helping.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, and normally you have to open the lid to power the machine. For newer machines, the EliteBook class machines have docking ports.

My suggestion: Look at the docking station first the find a compatible laptops:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/docking-stations-142510--1

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

I'll check all the docking station and find the laptop that matches. ...that is probably the easier way.

🙂

Have anice time

Kind Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.