Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi guys, I need a little help on witch pc I should buy. I have 3 pc on my mind the omen 15-dc0029np, the omen 15-dc0043np and the omen 15-dc0029np, I would appreciate your help on what of pc that I mentioned to buy 

And I will like to know if it's possible to put one HDD on the pc that have one ssd, and stay with a pc with a HDD and ssd at the same time.

Any help is greatly welcome. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are a gamer the 144hz screen is something you need to have. For anything else it does not add much

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

15-dc0043np specs are coming up with some omissions so its hard to tell what specs it has. Same processor and memory as the -0029np. Yes the laptop is capable of having a hard drive and an M.2 SSD at the same time and if you want it that way either order it with dual drive configuration or order just the hard drive. Adding a hard drive to one with only an M.2 SSD is much more difficult and expensive as you have to order a mounting tray and cable that can be hard to locate and not real cheap. 

Inside of 15-dc0000Inside of 15-dc0000

Hard drive cable connector 929450-001
Hard drive brackets 929561-001

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

So I should buy a pc that comes already with an HDD and the buy the ssd?

I forgot to mention the 3rd pc that is the omen 15-0059np.

Can you tell me if the monitor in the 3 pc that I mentioned is 144hz or 60hz?

Thanks for the help. 

HP Recommended

Its going to be a standard 60hz monitor although IPS so a cut above average. If it were 144 hz the specs would say. the -0059np specs also do not say which video chip it has. The GTX 1050 is a very entry level and unremarkable video card. 

HP Recommended

The chipset on - 0059np is the Intel HM370.

Is that what you wanted to know?? 

HP Recommended

Thats the main motherboard chipset...same on all models. I meant the video chip. nVidia what? 

HP Recommended

I can't find if you search this" dc0059np - 7MY00EA ", will apear the documentation of the product but I dont know if is this what you want.

Probably is because of the chip of gpu that the - 0059np is 90 euros cheaper than the - 0043np and the - 0029np, because the 3 are exactly the same except the hard drive. 

HP Recommended

Specs on all 3:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06409917

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06161867

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06230756

Other than the -0029np parts of the specs are missing. Hard drive or video card. The lowest video on this model series is the GTX 1050...all are discrete video. The 1060 is much better than the 1050 and actually provides somewhat decent modern gaming experience. You definitely want the NVME M.2 and the ones that speciiy a hard drive have it. We can probably find you the brackets and cable for a hard drive if necessary. 90 Euros is a huge price difference. You will at least get an i5-8300h, 256 M.2 NVME 8 gigs RAM and the GTX 1050 video which makes a pretty fair computer.  

HP Recommended

So to resume, it's preferable to buy the - 0059np or the - 0029np?

The -0059np it's 90 euros cheaper comparing to the - 0029np. To be in mind that both computers have discount, but without the discount the - 0059np is still 50 euros cheaper than - 0029np.

HP Recommended

I suspect they are identical. HP will often give different model numbers to laptops with the same or virtually the same specs. It also depends on distribution channel so one seller can find themselves overstocked and undercut the others as you are seeing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.