Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to Know if my laptop has m.2 expansion slot

15-ay513tx
FreeDOS

i have a HP 15-ay513tx and i wanted to know if it has any pcie expansion slots in it 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,304 15,895 906 1,018
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Debashish123

Welcome to HP support community.

I checked your notebook specifications, I see there is m.2 slot in your notebook.

Below are the details:

You can refer page no.65 in this HP service manual for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,609 40,048 6,271 10,886
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry not quite correct. In this model the M.2 SSD can only be installed by using an adapter plate that allows substituting the M.2 for the hard drive. So it's impossible to have both a hard drive and an M.2 SSD at the same time. There is no M.2 slot on the motherboard in other words. See p. 66 of the Manual linked in @sandytechy20  's post and you will see an image of the adapter board and its placement. You would have to buy an adapter plate and cable and also an M.2 SSD which would be costly and maybe hard to locate. So your best SSD solution is just to install a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. Since your M.2 must be SATA the speed of an M.2 and a 2.5 inch SATA is the same in this case. 

Let us know if any part of this is still unclear. I do not want you to buy an M.2 SSD only to find this all out the hard way having spent money. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation