Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Power 15 Cb013ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know how many Hertz of RAM and what you can buy a second bar to increase RAM. P91113-150201.jpgIs worth in notebook Kingston hp26d4s9s8mh-8

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Not sure what you are asking "is worth"?? However, as you can see on the module it is DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM which is what that Kingston module you ask about is. So yes you can use a Kingston  hp26d4s9s8mh-8, which is what you have now. You do not need to necessarily get a Kingston module. It can be Crucial, Hynix whatever but needs to be DDR4-2666. This type of memory runs at 1333 hz but it is double data rate so the industry calls it 2666 memory. No idea where to tell you to buy it in RF. 

HP Recommended

Is obtained my RAM (Kingston hp26d4s9s8mh-8) betrays 2666 MHz? And the characteristics of this similar Kingston KVR26S19S8/8?

HP Recommended

Stay away from the Value RAM by Kingston. It has a history of not working well with HP laptops. The first sentence of your post makes no sense in English.

HP Recommended

Sorry for my poor English, I wanted to write that this RAM (Kingston KVR26S19S8 / 😎 in terms of characteristics is the same as mine? And if it’s not difficult, could you give an example of which RAM is suitable for my laptop? I’m already tired of looking for information on this topic, as I advise RAM with 2400 MHz, but you write that me need 2666 MHz. I want to buy 8 gigabytes of RAM. And they wrote to me that my laptop supports a maximum of 2400 MHz, help, no one can accurately give information about all aspects of a laptop upgrade.

HP Recommended

The thing is it uses DDR4-2666 memory but it "bridges" (downclocks) to 2400 speed. You still need to try to find DDR4-2666 to mix with the existing module. DDR4-2400 would probably be OK but no reason to take a chance. Yes that KVR26S19S8 is the right TYPE of memory. I just needed to alert you that KVR is made to sell in retail stores so it is made to work in as many systems as possible and sometimes it will not work in HP laptops. Probably a small chance of that in this case. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.