Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion g6

so i recently dissided to start playing steam games on my laptop but after downloading one of the games (ark survial) it was unbearly laggy. What can i do to to stop this? (i dont want to buy a new computer/laptop)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not sure which exact model you have. It would help to know the specs, but generally g6 models have unimpressive video power. Not every computer can play serious games; not every car is a race car. Nobody wants to spend money on a better computer or a faster car but you get what you pay for. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Not sure which exact model you have. It would help to know the specs, but generally g6 models have unimpressive video power. Not every computer can play serious games; not every car is a race car. Nobody wants to spend money on a better computer or a faster car but you get what you pay for. 

HP Recommended

We are having the same problem on my sons new HP AIO. Is there anything that can be done to the computer as far as software to get it to run the ARK Survival Evolved game? I have listed the info on the computer he has. 

All-In-One (touch screen)

Pruduct name: 23-q113w

Product Number: NOAO1AA#ABA

General Specifications

Operating System: Windows 10 home 64-bit

Microprocessor: Intel (r) Core(tm) i3-4170T CPU @ 3.20GHz

System Memory: 6 GB

Memory slot 1: 4 GB Samsung 1600MHz

Memory slot 2: 2 GB micron 1600MHz

System Board: 2B43 000

System BIOS: A0.03

Video

Graphic Device 1: Intel (r) HD Graphics 4400

Current Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Refresh Rate: 60

Version: 20.19.15.4360 (12/21/2015)

Graphics memory: 3,147 MB

Aero Status: Enabled

HP Recommended

Yes that AIO has a decent processor but no video card as such, just the inbuilt graphics from Intel. That particular game is apparently a bit hard to pin down as far as minimum requirements and if you look at the EA Forums you will find that even people with pretty powerful rigs are having trouble with it. Your AIO, like a laptop has the video soldered to the motherboard and there is just no way to add any extra graphics power. It will be good for lower level games, but just does not have the power for any serious demanding games. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.