Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
EX177AVR
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I would like to upgrade my processor from 8 32 bit to a 64-bit in my HP pavilion DV 8300 it has a 32-bit with Windows 7 would like to upgrade processor to 64 bit, and would like to know how far I could upgrade my laptop as I use it a lot please help if you can would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Those were nice laptops in the day but now completely obsolete. Uses Pentium M (Centrino) single core 32 bit processors and DDR 1 memory which maxes at 2 gigs. You could make it minimally competent for web browsing and word processing but it is really made for Windows XP, not even Vista let alone Windows 7-10. It is not capable of running 64 bit software. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Those were nice laptops in the day but now completely obsolete. Uses Pentium M (Centrino) single core 32 bit processors and DDR 1 memory which maxes at 2 gigs. You could make it minimally competent for web browsing and word processing but it is really made for Windows XP, not even Vista let alone Windows 7-10. It is not capable of running 64 bit software. 

HP Recommended

Yes thank you for your help and time.

Kandjkids

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.