2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

INSERT key missing on laptop keyboard

HP Recommended
HP Envy Laptop 15-ep0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my newly bought laptop (HP Envy 15) the Insert key is missing. Tried multiple suggested solutions, like 'Fn+E', 'Fn+Delete', 'Fn+PrtSc', etc, but no one works for me.

Could you please advise, is there any way to remap any 'FN+Key' combination (i.e., 'Fn+Del') to serve me consistently as an insert key?
Ideally, I would like to remap 'HP Command Center' key, since I don't need it (located on f12 place).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,908 4,842 537 2,111
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

there is no function or it does not work?
i used this software for another problem, quite simple, but aps guaranteed that it works
SharpKeys

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/make-certain-keys-on-a-keyboard-to-act-like-other-keys/

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,908 4,842 537 2,111
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

there is no function or it does not work?
i used this software for another problem, quite simple, but aps guaranteed that it works
SharpKeys

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/make-certain-keys-on-a-keyboard-to-act-like-other-keys/

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Hryhorii
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Promethee for your response. Using the link you provided, I installed PowerToys. It did the job along with providing some useful features 🙂 It is a shame there is no place on HP keyboard for Insert, although I was able to remap a rarely used "Next track" key.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation