cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 5
273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Imperfections in case of external monitor usage

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch002ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Support,

 

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch002ng

ProdID 3DM21EA#ABD

 

I got two major issues with this laptop when using an external monitor (when the laptop gets the role of a desktop PC):

 

1. The laptop doesn't power on if the lid is closed.

Even if the monitor is connected via USB Type-C and the laptop's battery is charging, the power button doesn't work. I understand that this is made intentionally to prevent it from powering on somewhere in a backpack, but it cannot be found in a backpack (or somewhere else) if it is standing on the desk and the external monitor is connected. Kindly enable it for the above described conditions. Please no suggestions "like open the lid, power on and close it" or "leave the lid open all the time". Not serious for a model with the price tag of 2000€.

 

2. There is no way to limit the battery charge on 50 or 80%. The battery care option is missing in the latest BIOS Setup.

This laptop is planned to be used mainly as a replacement of a desktop PC (90% of all time) with an option of a seldom takeaways (remaining 10%). That means it will stay connected to a power supply and the battery will be constantly kept charged to 100%. It's widely known how quick Lithium-Ion batteries degrade when stored fully charged and I don't want to end up replacing the battery after a year or two because it has permanently lost most of its capacity. This also doesn't help protecting our environment from "used" batteries which could "last" significantly longer. Kindly enable this option in the BIOS Setup or somewhere else. Please no suggestions like "leave it fully charged - nothing happens", or "this option is not available on consumer laptops", or "let it run on the battery sometimes" - not serious for a model with the price tag of 2000€.

 

Thank you in advance & best regards.

 

1KV

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,405 20,393 1,354 2,014
Message 2 of 5
231
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Imperfections in case of external monitor usage

@1KV,

 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

 

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery care feature is missing, and the power button is not working when the lid is closed.

 

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

 

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

 

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

 

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

 

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

 

Cheers!

 

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 5
206
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Imperfections in case of external monitor usage

Why not answering here?

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,405 20,393 1,354 2,014
Message 4 of 5
181
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Imperfections in case of external monitor usage

@1KV,

 

The features you are looking for are not available on the computer. So you need to contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

 

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 5
163
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Imperfections in case of external monitor usage

It seems to me, that the real message from you behind this polite sht is simply "Go away". Got it and just went away from HP to the competitors. I will also tell my friends and colleagues about this experience so they won't repeat my mistake of buying something from your company. Cheers!

Reply
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation