Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp notebook 15-af103ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi,
After replacement of keyboard when pressing left shift key "m" is typed & right shift typed "u". Unable to understand what is happening. Please help.
TS steps:
1. Hard reset
2. BIOS updated to F.22
3. BIOS setting set to dafault.
4.Language set to US English
5.Onscreen keyboard working fine.
6.Refixed kbd cable & refresh keyboard driver from device manager.
Is it a keyboard issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@such_kol
Thank you for replying with the code,

This is what it represents:

Test Date - 2016/11/24

Failure Code

Device
I/O Device

Includes (one or more of the below parts have failed)
Bill Acceptor, Cursor Device, I/O Board, Joypad, Joystick, Keyboard, Mouse, Pen, Strip Reader, Stylus, Touch Button, Touch Pad, Touch Panel

detail: Keyboard Error

Please contact HP and notify them about the same, so that they may help repair/service your product.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@such_kol
Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help 🙂

As I understand you have an Improper response from certain keys as they don't appear as used on the screen,

There are two common keyboard issues that can occur during the normal operation.
The first is the Num Lock key gets accidentally pressed, turning a portion of the keyboard into a number pad.

The other is the keyboard language gets inadvertently switched from its original language to another, resulting in some letters and numbers appearing different on the screen than how they are typed.

Check the Num Lock key

Set the keyboard language

Update the BIOS and device drivers

If you experience persistent keyboard errors, such as the keyboard frequently switching modes, try updating the notebook's BIOS and device drivers. For more information, see HP Notebook PCs - Locate and Install Updated BIOS, Drivers, and Software.

For more details, Click here

And for advanced troubleshooting for keyboard: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. 
Have a great day!
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@Riddle_Decipher
Sir,
As I mentioned BIOS already updated.
Driver updated after OS factory reset.
No language change. Fixed to English India.
Num lock key & pad works fine.
Ts steps for kbd done. But no go.

HP Recommended
Failure Id found in efi test
HP Recommended

@such_kol
Thank you for the update,

Please provide the failure ID so that I may decode the same and provide an accurate solution.

I will need the 24 character code (including the spaces and the case sensitive characters (if any)

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
QANG2C-87A8A9-XD7X6J-G01Q03
HP Recommended

@such_kol
Thank you for replying with the code,

This is what it represents:

Test Date - 2016/11/24

Failure Code

Device
I/O Device

Includes (one or more of the below parts have failed)
Bill Acceptor, Cursor Device, I/O Board, Joypad, Joystick, Keyboard, Mouse, Pen, Strip Reader, Stylus, Touch Button, Touch Pad, Touch Panel

detail: Keyboard Error

Please contact HP and notify them about the same, so that they may help repair/service your product.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@ Riddle_Decipher
Thanks for your support. The issue is resolved after replacement of motherboard.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.