Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs0997na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So the cooling fan has completely stopped and its been like this for a few weeks and I get the error message System Fan (90B). I believe the laptop is now gubbed because of this so I have claimed for insurance. 

As expected, the insurance company wants to make like difficult as possible and are asking for an independent inspection report. Is this something HP could provide as they would know what this is without having to inspect it physically?

I don't see the point going to the time and expense to obtain a report which the insurance company will not reimburse. In the meantime I have just put in my POP and images of the machine so hopefully that may be enough.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@larkykid 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

HP will provide an inspection report as part of an in Warranty Repair order.

What?  Submit a case to HP for a Warranty repair - the case is accepted - HP repairs the computer

If the item is covered in Warranty, there is no cost to you.

If the computer is in Warranty, submit a case to HP and ask about Repair options.

HP does not generally accept out-of-warranty requests.

No Warranty?

Even assuming the problem cannot be easily fixed using the cleaning / BIOS remedy options, an issue of this type does not normally "gub" (ruin??) the computer -- most times the computer can be repaired either at home or by a qualified technician.

What we can provide:

HP Notebook PCs - System Fan (90b, 90f) Error Message on Startup

References / Resources

Registered Devices in Warranty:  Select a method and contact HP Support…

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Regional Links

USA / Canada >   HP® Customer Support - USA

UK >  HP® Customer Support - UK

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

HP Pavilion - 15-cs0997na 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.