Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Reposting this because it was flagged as spam (possibly to to a p/n looking like a s/n?)

Hello,

I have the EliteBook 840 G6 and I wanted to install a WWAN module to use the LTE network. I bought a Huawei LTE module: model ME906s-158. I know there are two versions of this, mine is with p/n ending in 440. (The other one has p/n ending in 770)

I installed it and connected to the antenna cables but when I start the laptop the bios gives me error 703 and says it will disable the module. This tells me that the card is recognized but the bios is programmed to disable it.

I reached out to hp support and they told me there is no way to upgrade with WWAN and the slot is a dummy slot. I am very skeptical of this response and will reach out again in the future. The reason I find it hard to believe is because the bios specifically informs me of the module presence.

On the other hand I tried to plug the card while the computer was already running to bypass the bios but the card didn't show up.

Does anybody have any insight on this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

HP Recommended

Hi, @gurghet 

Your model has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of WWAN cards not specifically listed in the service manual for your notebook.

They must also have the HP part number on them or they will not work.

Chapter 3, page 23, item 22 lists the only supported WWAN cards that will work in your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06358101

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

My computer is an EliteBook 480 G6. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64 bits).

The reported SKU is 4WG30AV.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer Paul.

I tried to plug the card while the computer was on, this should bypass the bios, but still no response. That's why I was dubious.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.