Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 17 or 5VX46AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered a laptop and deliberately ordered it without a SATA drive so I could just use my own. Now I'm wondering if that was a tactical error, as I don't know that the laptop will come with the necessary proprietary cable. Does anyone know if they include those cables when a SATA drive isn't installed, and if not, how to get one? I'd hate to have to return it because it can't be upgraded to have the storage I need.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just tried to order this off of the order support line, and they said this part isn't orderable, but that it doesn't matter because the laptop *should* come with one installed leading to a dummy drive. In theory, this means this is a non-issue, but Repairatrooper, I really appreciate your help. I don't know if this would have been as easy if I didn't have that part number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

In most cases if the unit ships without the drive then you will need to purchase the correct cable.

Maintenance and service guide available below will have the part number, you should be able to order from the HP parts store online.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-17-cb0000-laptop-pc/26122176/model/26122177/manuals?...

omen drive.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Awesome Thanks! Do you happen to know if a SATA drive requires a bracket as well?

HP Recommended

I just tried to order this off of the order support line, and they said this part isn't orderable, but that it doesn't matter because the laptop *should* come with one installed leading to a dummy drive. In theory, this means this is a non-issue, but Repairatrooper, I really appreciate your help. I don't know if this would have been as easy if I didn't have that part number.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.