cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Installed 2nd drive but not recognized?

HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 17-by3067st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got this on Friday, the by3067st, i7 10365 core and I grabbed my old laptop and pulled the ssd and sata cable then plugged it into this computer and placed the SSD as a secondary drive. The main storage on this is nvme 256gb. 

Booted up and was not recognized. Checked device manager and it's not in there. Booted up and checked bios and not listed. 

I assumed I inserted the cable wrong and opened back up and checked the cables and there were no issues. Restarted and I still cannot see it. 

Also the SATA cable came from an Acer Spin3 in case there's some kind of conflict on SATA cables. I also checked the cable on that computer and it was working. 

The nvme memory of 256gb is just not enough.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,178 42,967 6,882 12,055
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes the adapter cable is completely proprietary to this laptop series so not a surprise something from an Acer would not work. 

Hard drive cable L22526-001

This is the Service Manual HP has posted on your product Home Page which seems to be a different laptop. If the diagram seems to correspond to the layout of your laptop it is probably reliable. Otherwise we need to drop back and revisit. 

470 G7 Manual 

Not available from HP Parts Store:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=E00E4649888D40A8927FEE2EAD86D186&SearchIn=P...

eBay USA:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202740188555?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338679341&cust...

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation