Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15T-BS000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my laptops storage. It came with a M.2 SSD that was only 120 GB and I recently bought a Seagate SSD with 500GB. The new SSD requires a SATA ribbon cable but I can’t seem to find a compatible one online anywhere. There is room in the casing for the bigger drive and I see a port on the motherboard labeled JHDD( assuming that’s where the SATa connector ribbon would go). Does anyone know if it’s even possible to find such a ribbon/cable ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I encountered the same issue with another HP laptop. There are enough copies of this topic that I'm hoping to get the word out and get everyone covered. The ribbon cable is a generic one, any cable with the same dimensions and pins will work. I harvested one from a defunct Envy M6 I had in the shop. I also discovered one on newegg marketed for a Lenovo that should meet the same specs. 

https://www.newegg.com/p/2WC-000A-00009?item=9SIANRAC8C6019&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googlemkp-pc&cm_...

I hope the obtuse replies to similar support questions on closed threads don't throw off too many people.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.