Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

whats the difference between an I5 core and an I7 core Intel 11 th generation .I'm wanting to purchase a new laptop but I'm torn as to which I should buy

Retired
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@acadiabill , welcome to the Community.

Here is an article that will explain the difference for you: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/intel-core-i5-vs-i7/

As you will find, it actually depends on how you use the computer and how much you want to spend.  The newer i5, 6 core, processors are extremely fast and have excellent performance.  However, the i7 is far better for high-end computing, such as, video editing, gaming, etc.

Once you read the article you should have a better idea which will work best for your situation.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.