Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 14T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently bought a Spectre X360 14T. Finding the disk performance to be below expectations.

It seems this laptop comes with two SSD options:

1. The Intel H10 SSD w/32gb Optane. At least I assume that is the drive based on that drives specs and the benchmark results I am getting

2. An unspecified NVMe SSD, which I assume to be the Samsung EVO 970 SSD based on that drives specs and a benchmark results in a review I saw that explicitly said their model did not have the Intel Optane drive.

The Samsung's specs claim 3500mb/ reads and 3000 mb/s writes and are confirmed by the benchmark results the reviewer got on his config.

The Intel H10 SSD w/32gb Optane specs claim 2400 mb/s reads and 1800 mb/s writes and are confirmed by the benchmark results I got in my config.

If you look at HP shop configurations, they charge +$30 for the Intel SSD. Not concerned about the price diff,  I got it on sale at BB for $300 of regular price. I just don't understand why they put a drive that gets 2/3 the raw read/write performance in a laptop when you can get better performance for the same (or less) priced SSD.

Compared to my 4 year old Surface Pro 4, the boot time of the HP is about 25-30 second vs about 5 seconds and program startup time is no faster. Not sure if these are both related to the drive, but was definitely not expected.

So my question is: Is there supposed to be some advantage of the Intel drive (with the Optane) over the Samsung, even though the Samsung clearly has much higher overall throughput?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@lazerdriver, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP intel optane drive, scores more when compared to the above said brands. It streamlines your computing experience by combining storage capacity and intelligent system acceleration. You get both speed and capacity.

• Accelerates both initial boot times and the launch times for individual programs... can even pre-fetch email or page content from favorite websites
  • Speeds access to specific data within large volumes (gamers with 4 TB drives don't want to waste time waiting for their 5-10 GB game data to be located

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.