Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elite x2 1013 G3 etc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to replace my HP Elite x2 1012 G2 soon. This model uses Intel HD 620 graphics whereas most of the later HP machines use UHD 620.

I have an app that only runs with Intel HD Graphics driver 21.20.16.4627.

Can anyone tell me if the UHD 620 is backwards compatible with this driver?

TIA

Trevor

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Trevor_Rymell 

Please use the following table

https://www.notebookcheck.net/UHD-Graphics-620-vs-HD-Graphics-620_8098_7435.247598.0.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link, Banhien

I should have been more specific about what I'm trying to do by mentioning the app I want to run. It's AMIDuOS Android emulator. The developer,  American Megatrends stopped supporting it in 2016 and the last version of the HD 620 driver the emulator works with was the one I mentioned in my OP. Any later version and it simply won't work.   So if I replace the HP machine with one that uses UHD 620 graphics, I want to be as sure as I can that I can use that older driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.